2011年8月22日星期一

The Beauty Secret that takes Absolutely No Money

Because I spent many years in the Recruiting Industry, I have been blessed with meeting an enormous amount of people. I have been able to talk with them about what matters most to them, and sometimes, through a little creative questioning, I have gotten to their real passion, and at that point, I have witnessed a transformation, and seen them begin to glow.

There is nothing like speaking with someone and seeing them answer questions properly, with the right amount of information, keeping their cool. Then, as if a magic wand were waved over their head, suddenly they are on the edge of their seat, talking too rapidly for an interview, and they don’t even care, because this is what gets them going, this is their hot button, and they have so many ideas, and so many thoughts, and they are falling all over themselves with enthusiasm. It is a rush to get someone to drop their guard and show you their authentic side, the side of them that cares deeply and is busting out of their skin to make a difference.

As a Recruiter working in Temp Agencies in San Francisco, I found that most of my applicants were artistic. I mean, after all, the City by the Bay is one of the most artistic cities in the world. So, when I was doing a pre-screening interview, we would go over their office skills, the computer programs they were proficient in, how fast they could type – all that sort of stuff, and then I would lean forward a little, and whisper under my breath, like this was a big secret, and just ask, “What is your art?” Almost every single time I did that, they would start going on and on about the thing that mattered most to them in the world. And that would help me place them.

没有评论:

发表评论